- The association has been in existence since 1994 beginning with a loyalty card, and was set up to market and promote the Waterlooville Town Centre.
- In June 2008 we started ‘Market Place Music’ as part of Waterlooville’s Music Festival and various musical events have developed from this original initiative.
- Over the years we have striven to improve footfall and appearance of the town centre with an Annual Classic Car Show and Waterlooville in Bloom with flower baskets and flowerbeds throughout the Town Centre
- Various activities were arranged such as an Annual Pancake Race and an Annual Carol Service in conjunction with the local churches; most of these activities have been absorbed into the council.
- We have also lobbied borough and county MPs to resolve the parking issues in London Road South and to tackle the high parking charges in 2013.
- The Waterlooville Business Association is being revived in September 2016 and aims to continue its ethos of representing its members to achieve the business potential of the Town Centre and all types of businesses in Waterlooville. WBA will achieve this by using various forms of technology such as new website advertising, leaflet advertising, newsletters, social media, and digital signage etc.
- The Association also aims to support members commercially reducing their operating costs, introducing new marketing concepts for greater efficiency and continuing to lobby appropriate stakeholders to improve the Town Centre for the Community.
- We will hold regular committee and members meetings which will be scheduled, and nominated activities published, via the member’s website.
- We feel this is an opportunity for all Waterlooville Town Centre stakeholders to join the Waterlooville Business Association to focus on the requirements of the Town Centre and with combined effort to improve the Town Centre for the Community.
- The current membership cost is just £12.00 per month so join before Jan 1st 2017 when the fees will be reviewed. We look forward to welcoming you as a member.